This is just a quick write up. When working with secure environements it might be necessary to open some firewall ports. If by anychance you are looking how to do that on vyos firewall below you find details.
Enter configuration mode :
# Enter configuration mode Config
Create new rule
# Port Group set firewall group port-group WSMan port '5985-5986' # Set the rule set firewall name some-name rule 666 action 'accept' set firewall name some-name rule 666 description 'Allow for PowerShell remoting' set firewall name some-name rule 666 destination group network-group AllNetworks set firewall name some-name rule 666 destination group port-group 'WSMan' set firewall name some-name rule 666 protocol 'tcp' set firewall name some-name rule 666 source group address-group 'my-managemnt-servers'
Now above might require short explanation :
- First we create a port group called WSMAN
- Then we create rule 666 which will allow for powershell remoting
- It will be allowed to network group defined in AllNetworks ( defining it is beyond the scope of this short post so you can always find it in documentation http://vyos.net/wiki/User_Guide )
- We specify we will allow port group defined earlier (so in our case WsMan ports )
- Its type of TCP
- and lastly we say that source of this will be my management servers defined as address group with name my-management-servers ( again 🙂 I will refer you to wiki how to create those )
One you are done with those you need to make sure configuration is commited. This is done by calling the following :
If there are no validation errors just save the config 🙂 so you are not suprised that after reboot it does not work 🙂
Enjoy securing your networks 🙂